City of Huntingburg
GOLF CART PERMIT APPLICATION
Under Guidance of Ordinance No. 2009-34
A permit may be issued for a golf cart in the City of Huntingburg if all City ordinance requirements are met.
Golf carts may be operated on all streets and alleys under the jurisdiction of the City of Huntingburg, with the exception of any highway designated as part of the State highway system (State Road 64 and U.S. Highway 231) other than to cross such state highway at its intersection with a local street under the jurisdiction of the City of Huntingburg.
· The owner of the golf cart must provide proof of liability insurance at time of application.
· A golf cart operated on the streets and alleys of the City of Huntingburg shall at all times be operated by an individual who possesses a valid license to operate a motor vehicle.
· A golf cart must be equipped with headlamps, tail lamps, rear stop lamps, exterior or interior rear view mirrors, brakes, amber flashing lamp, and slow-moving emblem or placard.
· An officer from the Huntingburg Police Department must complete an inspection of the golf cart.
· All traffic regulations applicable to the operation of motor vehicles on streets, roads, and highways of the State of Indiana and in the City of Huntingburg shall apply to the operation of a golf cart on the streets and alleys of the City of Huntingburg.
· The fee for a Golf Cart Permit is $20.00 annually. The permit expires on December 31.
· Decals are to be affixed to the left rear of the golf cart in a manner as to be visible from the rear of the vehicle and front drivers side quarter panel.
Click to download a copy of the Golf Cart Permit Application