While residents understand that it is hard work that makes the community prosperous, they encourage visitors to join them at the many recreational facilities within the community.
The Prospect League baseball team, the Dubois County Bombers, calls League Stadium at the Huntingburg City Park home. A walking path intertwines itself among the many amenities at the City Park, baseball and softball fields, tennis courts, swimming pool, shelter houses, horseshoe pitches, and playground equipment.
The Huntingburg Parks and Recreation Department consists of three (3) parks.
HUNTINGBURG CITY PARK is located at First and Cherry Streets. It is a 40 acre park with facilities for all age groups. Facilities include the following:
- A 50 meter municipal swimming pool, including a water slide, large deck areas, wading pool and bath house with a concession stand. Extensive picnic areas with four shelter houses, 95 picnic tables, 10 grills, 20 benches, and playground equipment for all ages.
- 5 public restrooms.
- A lighted little league baseball field.
- League Stadium, a 3,000 seat, lighted professional baseball field.
- Softball fields, including: lighted girls’ softball field, and a lighted men’s softball field.
- 2 lighted tennis courts.
- 2 lighted volleyball courts.
- 2 lighted basketball courts.
- 3 lighted horseshoe pits.
- A lighted walking trail with a paved surface that winds throughout the City Park for 1 ½ miles.
SOUTHSIDE PARK is located on South Park Drive and is a 14 acre park established in 1979, that includes:
- Picnic area with 7 tables, 3 benches and 2 grills.
- One shelter house with 6 large tables.
- Large playground.
- One public restroom.
- 2 horseshoe pits.
- 1 basketball goal.
- 1 lighted Pony League baseball field, concessions stand, and restroom.
- 2 parking areas accommodating 65 vehicles.
- 1 small practice ball field.
- 1-acre Dog Park.